Ontario Personal Injury Lawyers Offer Free Consultations to Car Accident Victims
Following a motor vehicle accident or other incident causing personal injury, victims are often faced with more questions than answers. It can be a difficult time filled with confusion and pain and if you have been forced to miss work due to the injuries you sustained, you likely need legal advice.
With many types of disputes and serious personal injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, amputations, or other bodily injuries, it is especially critical that you talk to a personal injury lawyer as quickly as possible. The best time to do so is immediately after the incident to ensure your rights are protected and you receive the accident benefits and compensation you deserve.
The consultation process assists your lawyer in getting an understanding of what your claim involves. It is also a good opportunity to make sure you are comfortable with the suggested approach, and to find out more about how you should proceed.
To prepare for your consultation, it is helpful to bring the following information with you:
– Bring the details of your insurance coverage, including the name of your insurance company, your policy number and the name of your insurance agent or adjuster.
– Bring the names and contact information of your doctors and other health care providers, and a list of hospitals where you have received treatment for your injury.
– Bring photo identification to the meeting.
The more prepared you are for the free consultation, the more smoothly this already difficult process will be. If you are able to provide your lawyer with as much information as possible, they will be able to decide pretty quickly if you are entitled to a settlement.
What to ask a personal injury lawyer:
- How much experience do you have in car accident cases?
- How many trials have you worked on?
- What other information do you need before you are prepared to make a settlement demand?
- How long will it take to become prepared to make a settlement demand?
- What are the chances the case will be settled?
- Are you prepared to file a lawsuit if a settlement can’t be reached?
- What are my biggest strengths in this case?
- What are my biggest weaknesses in this case?
It is worth noting that your lawyer may not be able to answer all of those questions, but this should give you an overall scope as to how seriously the case is being taken and how experienced your lawyer is.
Your relationship with your lawyer is a very personal one. You need to know that your lawyer is someone you can trust and rely on to protect your interests, respect your private information, and deliver the results and solutions you need to sleep well at night. If you are ready to take action and would like a free consultation to learn more about the claims process, you can book an appointment with a Ferguson Barristers LLP personal injury lawyer with no obligation.