Toll-free: 1-800-563-6348

Did you Slip and Fall?

Slip and falls can happen anywhere, but they have become increasingly more common in areas that are crowded and hectic like a store or a restaurant. Under the Occupiers’ Liability Act the occupier of the property In Ontario is required to keep people reasonably safe from harm while on the property. If the property owner did not take reasonable steps to keep visitors safe, the property owner may be liable for injuries.

If your fall was a result of negligence, the law of Ontario allows you to seek compensation for damages as a result of the accident. Depending on the extent of the injury, there are different types of damages you may be entitled.

Loss of Income

A slip and fall accident can leave you not only less capable of earning income, but also less marketable to potential employers. As a result, you may have less job opportunities than what might have otherwise been available to you before your injury. Your lawyer can help you file a claim to recover damages for these kinds of losses.

Medical Expenses

OHIP doesn’t cover everything. Your lawyer can help you file a claim for reimbursement of out-of-pocket medical expenses as well as any future care you may need as a result of the slip and fall.

Our personal injury lawyers come to you. If you have been injured as a result of a slip and fall, contact us online for a free legal consultation or by phone at 1-800-563-6348 to speak directly with one of our lawyers.

FDTLaw, expert advice, personal service.

Get a Consultation*

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

*Please note: Sending an email to us will not make us your lawyers. You will not be considered a client of the firm until we have agreed to act for you in accordance with our usual policies for accepting clients. Unless you are a current client of FDT LLP, please do not include any confidential information in your email. No information you send us can be held in confidence and no information we provide to you can be treated as legal advice unless and until we have agreed to act for you.