Toll-free: 1-800-563-6348


For any foreign national to work in Canada, obtaining a valid work permit is a primary prerequisite. Based on the job and work restrictions applied to the work permit holder, work permits are categorized as open or closed.

As an international student, you can work while you study and can also help your spouse or common-law partner to get a work permit while you study, and can work temporarily or stay permanently in Canada after you graduate.

A temporary work permit is a stepping stone to Canadian Permanent Residency. Our Immigration Lawyers will assist you in taking the right steps in the process to ensure you achieve your goals.

For more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work.html

We Can Help

We have the hands-on legal experience, training and education to help protect your rights and resolve your legal issues quickly and fairly. Our team of dedicated lawyers are equipped to help you with a variety of legal issues.

Learn More

Get A Free Consultation*

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

*Please note: Sending an email to us will not make us your lawyers. You will not be considered a client of the firm until we have agreed to act for you in accordance with our usual policies for accepting clients. Unless you are a current client of FDT LLP, please do not include any confidential information in your email. No information you send us can be held in confidence and no information we provide to you can be treated as legal advice unless and until we have agreed to act for you.

Related Articles