If you are a permanent resident who wants to become a Canadian Citizen, our team of Immigration Lawyers at Ferguson Deacon Taws will help you determine if you are eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship, and will assist you with your citizenship application.
- You must be a permanent resident of Canada;
- You must have been physically present in Canada for at least 1,095 days in the 5 years immediately before you apply;
- You may need to file personal income taxes for at least 3 years within the 5-year period;
- You must demonstrate adequate knowledge of English or French (if you are between 18 and 54 years old when you apply); and
- You must demonstrate you have knowledge of Canada and of the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship (if you are between 18 and 54 years old when you apply—this is assessed after you apply)
We Can Help
We have the hands-on legal experience, training and education to help protect your rights and resolve your legal issues quickly and fairly. Our team of dedicated lawyers are equipped to help you with a variety of legal issues.