Stay Safe on the Slopes This Winter
With many great ski hills around Ontario, skiers and snowboarders have easy access to the slopes during the winter months. Although this can be a fun activity, taking precautions to prevent personal injuries while on the hill should always be a top priority.
There are a number of things that can help reduce the risk of ski-related injuries such as sprains, broken bones, back or neck injuries, spinal cord injuries and head injuries. Familiarize yourself with the following ski and snowboard safety tips before hitting the slopes:
- Wear a helmet specifically designed for skiing or snowboarding
- Always stay in control on the slopes
- Obey signs regarding closed trails
- If unfamiliar with ski lifts, ask an operator for assistance
- Take lessons to learn to ski and ride correctly
- Know your limits
- Ski and ride with someone else at all times
- Avoid stopping on a trail
- Maintain a safe distance from others to avoid collisions
If you or anyone you know has been involved in a ski or snowboard accident, our team of experienced Ontario personal injury lawyers can help. Contact us online for a free legal consultation or call 1-800-563-6348 to speak directly with one of our lawyers.