Slips, trips and falls resulting in personal injury claims more likely under icy conditions.
During icy winter months, it is important that property owners and property occupiers keep their property or premises safe for users.
Failure to maintain a property or premises can result in conditions where slips, trips and falls become more likely. If you are injured under these circumstances, a personal injury lawyer can help you find out if you may be entitled to recover damages for your injury from the property owner or occupier.
According to the Insurance Bureau of Canada , the following are some of the criteria used to determine whether or not the appropriate standard of care was applied:
- Whether the danger was forseeable.
- Whether the occupier’s conduct was in accordance with acceptable standards of practice.
- Whether there was an adequate system of inspection (considering the risks involved) in place and carried out.
- Whether the danger was allowed to exist for an unreasonable amount of time.
- The ease with which the danger could have been prevented.
Property owners often have insurance that victims can access to gain financial compensation and help them manage the short-term and long-term effects of their injuries.
Our firm has helped many clients recover damages from municipalities, companies and a variety of property owners whose negligence has resulted in personal injury. If you are injured in a slip/trip and fall or other incident, we can help you.